Patriot Cheerleading News & Events
Save the dates! Come and help us cheer on our varsity football team this year! Beside the to your right, you will find the addresses of our games. We hope to see you there! GO PATRIOTS!
SAP vs Jubilee @ 4427 Chandler Rd, San Antonio, TX 78222
SAP vs Big Springs Charter @ 10664 Hwy 83 N, Leakey, TX 78873
SAP vs Leakey ISD @ 429 N Us Highway 83 Leakey, TX
SAP vs Atonement @ Crusader Field1 5415 Red Robin Rd, San Antonio, TX
SAP vs Lee's Academy @1826 Basse Rd San Antonio, TX
SAP vs Austin Royals @ 200 Noblewood Dr, San Antonio, TX 78220
SAP vs Gloria Deo @ TBD
SAP vs Wilco Falcons @ 3005 County Road 175 Leander, TX
SAP vs St. Stevens @ 200 Noblewood Dr, San Antonio, TX
The San Antonio Cheer program includes home schooled girls' grades 3-12th who create Patriot spirt, traditions, unity, and loyalty. They will perform at football games and attend various football and cheer related events.
The San Antonio Patriots Cheerleading program allows each member to develop:
- Spiritually through designated time for Bible study and prayer. Halfway through the team practice, the cheer program will be led through a study of what godly characteristics we all should strive for as we grow in our relationship with the Lord. “Work hard to strengthen the body, mind and spirit so we can perform at our absolute maximum level for God’s glory.” It will be our goal to constantly shine the light of Christ, while using God given talents for His glory!
- Physically and learn about conditioning, good health habits, and safety. With our younger athletes in our squad, this creates a unique opportunity to teach them while they are young that their body is a temple which God has blessed them with. Our varsity girls will be given an opportunity to mentor to our younger squad learning to be leaders and examples of good stewardship.
- Psychologically through increased self-confidence, self-esteem, and emotional maturity. It is of utmost importance that this program teaches individuals to be confident in who God made them, and that they are image bearers of Christ. It is in this understanding of who we are in Christ our identity is found. In a world that says “you are not enough” this is the time to teach these precious children the confidence to preach the true gospel to a world desperate to hear it.
- Socially through cooperation, adherence to appropriate standards of behavior, and acting as a Christian servant on and off the field. We will cooperate and work together as we encourage athletes and parents to foster team spirit before, during, and after the games. Many of the girls have brothers, older and younger, who play on one of our football teams. With this cheer program it gives them the opportunity to be closer to the football family while building stronger relationships with their siblings by cheering and supporting them while simultaneously creating lifelong healthy friendships with other girls.
- Character, leadership, and commitment personally and within the team. Galatians 5:22-23 says “But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” These are the characteristics our cheer program will uphold. We will always encourage this character as we cheer on our team, have fellowships with other cheer programs, and have friendships within our own cheer squad. On and off the field.
- Effective time management strategies, the skill of knowing where you have to be, when you have to be there, and to have all of your items needed to be successful and ready to work. As many prepare to become adults, leave the home or go to college, this program will establish the importance of being responsible for actions you can control, like being on time and prepared.
- Positive relationships with opponents and demonstrate good sportsmanship at all times.
The San Antonio Patriots cheer program will seek to use the athletics to glorify God while developing Biblical character qualities. Our desire is to equip the student athletes intellectually, physically, socially, and spiritually in Christ. As Romans 12:2 says “and do not be conformed to this world, but to be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.”
Gear Up for the Season
Sideline cheer is in full swing! We are very excited to see what future years will bring us. Registration is closed for this school year but will open again in April of 2024 for the 2024-25 school year!
We are hoping to hold some camps/clinics in the spring. Keep an eye out!
We are looking for additions to our coaching staff. If you are interested in helping coach for the 2024-24 season, please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Coaches Blog
Have a passion for cheer? If you are interested in helping coach our wonderful girls, please send inquires to email@example.com.
*All positions are volunteer